More NHS Jollies
After the previous post, I suppose it's time to gather 24 hours of NHS news again:
- NHS Director resigns "as he acknowledged responsibility for the financial disarray facing the NHS".
- NHS waiting times for urgent cancer treatment may be decreasing. Only 23% of urgent lung cancer patients now have to wait over two months.
- Doctors in Manchester don't wash their hands.
- "Just two out of 45 dentists in Huddersfield are taking on new patients - with a minimum of a two month wait."
- Free heroin proposed in Scotland.
- An online system for assigning new doctors to hospitals has been botched.
- The elderly don't know how good they have it.
- Nurses may refuse to work unpaid overtime: "It is now vital that the Government gives nurses a pay award which reflects their skill and dedication."